Why should I become a member of GASP?
GASP fights for clean air, in Southwestern PA and beyond. It’s true that, overall, our air is much cleaner than it used to be, due in part to the pioneering work on air pollution control GASP initiated in the early 1970s. But there are still significant pollution problems in our county and region. Some neighborhoods, especially along the river valleys, have serious odor and air pollution problems. And, as our region diversifies economically, we need to offer a good quality of life to compete for employers and to create new jobs.
The more members we have, the more influential we are when we litigate, meet with decision makers, write to local elected officials, propose rules, etc. Our membership makes decision makers pay attention since they know we represent many people concerned about air pollution and our region’s health.
GASP will value and respect your donation by using it efficiently and effectively.
Additional benefits of membership
- You’ll receive GASP’s respected, informative quarterly newsletter, the Hotline. It updates you on important local matters and tells you what GASP is doing about them.
- You can be part of GASP’s e-mail network. We send out action alerts that allow you to easily and quickly participate in local environmental matters.
- You’ll be invited to GASP meetings and forums. We get nationally recognized leaders on environmental matters to do presentations. We provide a forum for debate of critical local issues.
- Satisfaction. The satisfaction of knowing that you’re helping to create a cleaner, healthier environment for our region. And that you’re supporting a group that helps everyone to breathe more easily.
- Grassroots Supporters: $40 ($15 for limited income and students)
- Grassroots Contributors: $60
- Grassroots Patrons: $100
- Clean Air Defenders: $250
- Clean Air Protectors: $500
- Other: any amount is appreciated!
Gifts to GASP can also be made in other ways, such as in the form of a memorial donation or by including GASP in your will. See our Make a Gift page for more information.
How to become a GASP member
You can donate to GASP or become a member in one of two ways:
- Use your credit card online at PayPal’s secure site. Just click here.
- Print out our membership form, fill it out, and mail it to GASP with your payment.
All contributions are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. The official registration and financial information of Group Against Smog and Pollution may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.