Why should I become a member of GASP?
GASP fights for clean air, in Southwestern PA and beyond. It’s true that overall, our air is much cleaner than it used to be, due in part to the pioneering work on air pollution control GASP initiated in the early 1970s. But there are still significant pollution problems in our county and region. As our region diversifies economically, we need to offer a good quality of life to compete for employers and to create new jobs.
The more members we have, the more influential we are when we litigate, meet with decision makers, write to local elected officials, etc. Our membership makes decision makers pay attention, since they know we represent many people concerned about air pollution and our region’s health.
GASP will value and respect your donation by using it efficiently and effectively.
Additional benefits of membership
- You’ll receive GASP’s respected, informative newsletter, the Hotline. It updates you on important local matters and tells you what GASP is doing about them.
- You’ll join GASP’s e-mail network. We send out action alerts that allow you to easily and quickly participate in local environmental matters.
- You’ll be invited to GASP meetings and forums. We host presentations fron nationally recognized leaders on environmental matters and we provide a forum for debate of critical local issues.
- You’ll get the satisfaction of knowing that you’re helping to create a cleaner, healthier environment for our region and that you’re helping everyone to breathe more easily.
- Grassroots Supporters: $40 ($15 for limited income and students)
- Grassroots Contributors: $60
- Grassroots Patrons: $100
- Clean Air Defenders: $250
- Clean Air Protectors: $500
- Other: any amount is appreciated!
Gifts to GASP can also be made in other ways, such as in the form of a memorial donation or by including GASP in your will. See our Make a Gift page for more information.
How to become a GASP member
To become a member, please visit our Make a Gift page.
All contributions are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. The official registration and financial information of Group Against Smog and Pollution may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.