What to Do if You See a Violation

If you are smelling foul odors or seeing heavy smoke, you may be witnessing a violation of county or state regulations.  If you live in Allegheny County, call the Allegheny County Health Department at (412) 687-ACHD or click here to report an odor or opacity problem.  If you are outside of Allegheny County, call PA DEP at (412) 442-4184 to file a complaint, or (412) 442-4000 for emergencies.  Please let GASP know if you contact ACHD or DEP and how your complaint was handled by emailing jamin@gasp-pgh.org.

GASP consistently receives complaints from community members about foul odors and thick smoke.  We urge you to call ACHD or DEP every time you notice these problems.  Let your officials know that you want polluters to be held accountable and that you want the laws and regulations enforced.