Over the years we have hosted many great speakers. In 2015, GASP organized three events highlighting the connection between air pollution and a variety of health issues. Below that is a sampling of GASP-hosted presentations from years past.
Making the Connection: Air Pollution and Physical Activity (September 24, 2015):
- “Air Pollution and Physical Activity” by Tegan Boehmer, PhD, MPH.
- “Spacial and temporal patterns in air pollution in Pittsburgh: Traffic and point sources” by Dr. Albert Presto.
Making the Connection: Air Pollution and Autism, “Case-Control Study of Environmental Risk Factors for Childhood Autism in Southwestern Pennsylvania,” by Evelynn Talbot, DrPH, MPH. (August 22, 2015)
Making the Connection: Air Pollution and Heart Health, “An Introduction to Air Quality and Health Effects in Southwest Pennsylvania” by James Fabisiak, PhD. (April 30, 2015)
Dr. Jared Cohon, President of Carnegie Mellon University, presentation from Before You Flip That Switch: The Hidden Costs of Energy (May 13, 2010)
Making the Connection: Air, Heart & Lungs (May 11, 2009):
- “Effects of Air Quality on Cardiovascular Disease” by Donald Grandis, MD.
- “Air pollution and the respiratory system” by Fernando Holguin, MD.
Burning Waste Coal in PA: Boon or Bust? (March 29, 2008):
- “The Identification of Coal-Burning Power Plant Elemental Pollutants by Analysis Of Area Channel Catfish Fillet” by Conrad (Dan) Volz, DrPH, MPH
- “Waste Coal” by Eric Schaeffer, Esq.
U.S. Representative Henry Waxman’s (D-CA) Speech on Energy and Environmental Issues at our “Drive Cleaner, Drive Greener” Event in November, 2002.